If you’ve ever asked yourself the question: What can I do to help improve my community? The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines has an easy answer for you—Giving Cards.
The Community Foundation, AMA Iowa’s June Meeting Sponsor, recently launched Giving Cards. The next time you or your business have a special occasion to celebrate you can give one of these cards as a gift, and help improve your community at the same time. Here’s how Giving Cards work:
- Giving Cards can benefit any 501 (c)(3) charitable organization.
- To use the Giving Card, the recipient visits www.desmoinesfoundation.org/givingcards and selects the local or national charity he or she wishes to support.
Using the Giving Card
- Giving Cards are given to celebrate family and friends milestones—birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, a job well done, etc.
- Businesses can use Giving Cards, too. Recognize employee milestones. Give as corporate holiday gifts. Thank a business client.
- Giving Cards can be branded with a business logo.
- Individuals and businesses who purchase a Giving Card receive a charitable tax deduction.
Win Your Own Giving Card
Start improving your community today! The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines will giveaway Giving Cards at the June 6th AMA Iowa monthly luncheon. Don’t miss this opportunity to give back to your community.
Register here by Monday, June 4 at noon.